Origins Game Fair 2009

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Origins Game Fair 2009

We'll be at the Origins Game Fair in Columbus, Ohio June 24-28. We'll be sharing the booth with our publisher Studio 2. Our line of products will be available for the first time at Origins. This includes the Basic Compendium Rulebook, the GM Screen, the Convenience Pack, and the World Map, as well as a few packets of Crystal Caste Shard Dice.

If you plan on attending Origins, please feel free to come by and take a look at our products. Scott and I will be happy to sign your copy of the Basic Compendium while supplies last, so get them while they're hot.

Hope to see you folks at the convention.

Aaron
    • Back from Origins Game Fair 2009

The convention was a great success! Shard had a wonderful debut and we met many awesome players. We thank all of you for your interest and your patronage.

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to post it in the appropriate forum topic and we'll do our best to answer your questions and will attempt to take your comments to heart. It's our hope that you folks will start talking to each other and get a thriving Shard community going.

Thanks again for making Origins a great show for Shard Studios. We look forward to interacting with all of you.

-Aaron
    • Hey Diane!

That was a fun demo with you guys! You took it in a direction that no other group ever has!

Hopefully you'll enjoy many more great adventures of your own making... Be sure to share them with us here on the forum!

Origins turned out to be such a great, affirming show for us... You never know how things like that are going to go till you throw yourself into the thick of it. It really made us feel good to see so many folks enjoying the idea of our world and embracing our game...

Here's hoping we'll see many more great conventions ahead... I'm still on the road for the next one, so wish me luck!

Scottie ^^
    • Originally posted by Scott Jones

Origins turned out to be such a great, affirming show for us... You never know how things like that are going to go till you throw yourself into the thick of it. It really made us feel good to see so many folks enjoying the idea of our world and embracing our game...

Hi Scott. It was nice to meet you at Origins and talk to you about the mythological/psychological aspects of anthropomorphic animals. And thanks again for signing my Art of Shard book too.

I didn't make it back to Origins the next day as I had hoped I could. But I strongly suspect that when I can work it back into the budget I will get the game too. I'm also very much looking forward to the animal templates character book I've read references too.

Thanks again, and good luck with the game and everything!
    • Hey Whill!

Thanks! And great to have met you at Origins as well! So glad you enjoyed our talk and presentation of our stuff!

If you do end up deciding to grab the books, we've just been told that our printer is done and about to send the rest of our first print run off to our publisher! This means they should be there and ready to send off to anyone who preorders them at Studio 2's SHARD RPG page by the beginning of next month (give or take a week or so, because of customs)...

All the links for the main three playing aids (the Basic Compendium, the Convenience Pack, and the Gamemaster Screen) are up there and ready to preorder now, and the Crystal Dice and the World Map should be up there and ready to preorder by early next week...

Oh,...and thanks for your interest in the additional 90 Animal Templates we're currently working on... We're still trying to decide where we wish to present these, but we're currently considering adding them to the upcoming Magic and Martial Arts rules expansion book, and possibly even trickling out a few from time to time on these forums, just to give folks some extra stuff early...

Have fun!

Scottie ^^