Hex

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I first heard of this game when I played the demo at last years gen-con. It was one of the highlights of the con for me because I collect/run/play/try to write rpgs and Shard had a distinct appeal that I have yet to see reproduced. I have played and GMed everything from Dungeons and Dragons to Dogs in the Vineyard.

The scenario that my girlfriend, brother, and myself participated in the con involved bodyguard duty for a young prince out to make a name for himself on his first hunt. I got to play the snake assassin of doom, my brother got the elephant with the blunderbuss the size of a civil war cannon, and my girlfriend got the turtle healer. Long story short my brother almost collapsed the hunting lodge, I gave my character worst case of cotton mouth its ever had by milking its poison on to a couple dozen arrows(which did nothing against giant mantis of spectral death), and my girlfriend ended up rolling so improbably high on an exorcism that the poor mantis got squished by god. Needless to say great fun.

About self: I am a writer still doing the whole struggling thing and my interests run from theology to terrible movies and everything in between. I collect masks, idols from the more animism oriented religions, books, and dust when sitting still to long.