Pinned Getting physical copies of Shard RPG products outside the US

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Getting physical copies of Shard RPG products outside the US

I want to address a question that has been asked on a number of occasions. Are there ways of getting physical copies of our products outside of the United States, while avoiding the unfortunate shipping fees associated with international shipments... Some have hoped to be able to get them from Drive-Thru RPG, which in recent years has set themselves up to offer various titles as "print-on-demand" offerings.

At the time we set up our account with Drive-Thru for our earlier products a long while back, providing physical books wasn't really an affordable option for the customers (due to the high prices of print-on-demand at the time), but looking at the site now it seems the print-on-demand costs have come down enough that it would offset the normal overseas shipping costs... I'll have to ask Drive-Thru to see if that's an option available to us for our products now, and see what it would take to set it up for all our stuff (or at least the hardcover books themselves), including the "World Guide"!... As I get more info about this, and hopefully get things set up and ready, I'll share more updates below!

The are only two other fairly dependable ways to obtain the books outside of the US, unfortunately, since there aren't a lot of international distributors that are willing to keep stock of smaller independent games such as ours... The first would be to compare costs with ordering it from Amazon instead (which might offer better shipping costs because of their size)... Our publisher Studio 2 recently got the World Guide set up onto Amazon right now (at this link), joining four of our other products already available there (including the first two hardcover books)... It may indicate the product is "Temporarily out of stock" if they are currently waiting for an order of our books to arrive at their warehouses.

The other way would be to talk with a hobby and game store local to you who buys from international distributors such as Esdevium Games and Spiral Galaxy (which services the UK stores), Front Depot or BNW (which service game shops in Germany), or even Aetherworks (who service shops in Australia)... All of these distributors buy from our publisher Studio 2, and are able to supply the brick-and-mortar stores in neighborhoods all across those countries... You'd just want to go to your favorite game shop, ask them if they can get our products through any of the distributors I mentioned, and then ask them to either carry the Shard RPG products in their store locally or perhaps special order it for you... It might take 4-6 weeks to get there, but it would encourage the international distributors and game shops in nations outside the US to carry our stuff...which would be great!

Scottie ^^
    • Great news! Having contacted the good folks at Drive-Thru RPG, I've updated our Shard Studio account, added the World Guide as the newest book available for the sake of PDF sales, and have additionally set it up as a test to make it available for Print on Demand as well, so folks overseas in Europe can finally get their hands on a hard-copy! It's not quite ready yet, though! We're still waiting for the printable files to get approved, and then we'll be ordering a "proof" copy to make sure it's up to the quality level we're hoping for. But assuming all goes well you'll soon be able to order a hard-cover print on demand copy direct from Drive-Thru RPG to be delivered anywhere in the US and Europe!

Once we are satisfied with the way our proof copy for the World Guide turns out, we'll be doing the same for some of our other products, including the Basic Compendium, the Magic and Martial Arts book, and perhaps the Art of Shard booklet as well (which formerly was only available sporadically at conventions we were attending)...

Exciting stuff! I'll put another note up here with links once things become available!

Scottie ^^