Animal Templates

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Animal Templates

Hi. I only have the art book so far, but I am interested in getting the main gamebook and other supplements, probably one at a time as budget permits.

I was wondering about all the animal templates that I see referenced in the descriptions of the various currently available and future releases. I read there are 90 templates in Basic book, and that book is in full color.

Are there pictures for each animal template in all the books?
      How many additional animal templates are in each of the other books currently available?
      How about future releases?
      Are they all in full color?
      Can a master list be posted here of just the names of all the animal templates (under each book title) for community reference?

Thank you Shard commnunity!

The post was edited 2 times, last by Whill ().

• RE: Animal Templates

There are 90 Animal Templates in the Basic Compendium. Each one does have an illustration. The drawings are sepia toned (the animal template illustrations, that is - there is plenty of art elsewhere in the BC that is full color).

Right now, the plan is to include another 90 Animal Templates in the supplement about Magic and Martial Arts. We're currently deciding which supplement to work on for publication. Check out the Polls and Surveys for the two choices. :)

Originally posted by joewolz
      Well, there is a list of the Animal Templates in the core book here.

It's a downloadable Word document that lists the costs, but not the abilities, of each template.

Thank you. That is very helpful.

Originally posted by Aaron de Orive
      There are 90 Animal Templates in the Basic Compendium. Each one does have an illustration. The drawings are sepia toned (the animal template illustrations, that is - there is plenty of art elsewhere in the BC that is full color).

Right now, the plan is to include another 90 Animal Templates in the supplement about Magic and Martial Arts. We're currently deciding which supplement to work on for publication. Check out the Polls and Surveys for the two choices. :)

Thank you. So I am to understand that, out of the current releases, only the Basic Compendium has animal templates (w/ sepia pics for each), correct? The Convenience Pack is described as having blank animal templates. Does that means, the animal templates with the pics from the Basic book and the stats are blank, or is that a completely blank character sheet? Thanks.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Whill ().

Originally posted by Whill
      Thanks, Aaron.

And I went ahead and ordered the Basic Compendium, so if I have any questions or comments when I get it, I'll be sure to post them on this board.

Excellent Whill!

We'll be glad to answer any questions you may have!

By the way,...I have to ask a question... Where did you get your great lion avatar image? (I especially love the smaller image where he's holding the cards...)

Scottie ^^

Originally posted by Scott Jones
      Excellent Whill!

We'll be glad to answer any questions you may have!

By the way,...I have to ask a question... Where did you get your great lion avatar image? (I especially love the smaller image where he's holding the cards...)

[Blocked Image: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/0/03/Myrgaanti_Shi-iki_AJ6.jpg/462px-Myrgaanti_Shi-iki_AJ6.jpg]

I got it directly from Wookieepedia. It is a depiction of a specific member of the "Horansi" species, "Gorvan" subspecies. The Horansi are a Star Wars alien race that someone made up based on the big cats (lions, tigers, etc.). The Gorvan Horansi are the lions (obviously). The particular artwork came from Star Wars Adventure Journal # 6 (which I own a copy of). I think he's some kind of outlaw.

I don't know if you would consider his mane to have a human hair style or not. He only has 4 digits on each hand, so he's not really supposed to be a Shard character anyway. I just love the artwork too. Nice pic.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Whill ().

He only has 4 digits on each hand, so he's not really supposed to be a Shard character anyway. I just love the artwork too. Nice pic.

I'm pretty sure I counted 4 fingers and one thumb (at least on this picture, some artists are don't keep so faithful towards ammounts of fingers), which seems to be the standard even for the Janah of Dárdünah. ;)

The post was edited 2 times, last by Sherbie ().

Originally posted by Sherbie
      He only has 4 digits on each hand, so he's not really supposed to be a Shard character anyway. I just love the artwork too. Nice pic.

I'm pretty sure I counted 4 fingers and one thumb (at least on this picture, some artists are don't keep so faithful towards ammounts of fingers), which seems to be the standard even for the Janah of Dárdünah. ;)

Duh. I stand corrected. Well, they say math majors are useless without their calculators. :)