Everybody was kung fu fighting!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Everybody was kung fu fighting!

I loooooooove the game! Really!I really like the idea of Duel Dancing. I think thats like when the Thai fighters do Whai Kru before each bout. They do a similar thing in Taekgyeon here in Korea.

IF you guys need me I already have several ideas on how to expand and flavor the martial arts rules. I'm glad I took the plunge!

Guy
      Use no way as a way; no limitation as an limitation. (Sifu Bruce Lee)
    • Hey all....

Been busy with work and getting a few more belts... ^_~ Speaking of belts and butt kicking... Scottie.... any idea if you still want help with advanced martial arts in the future... ^_~

Guy
      Use no way as a way; no limitation as an limitation. (Sifu Bruce Lee)
    • RE: Back again

Hello there Kisa-Do!

Glad to hear your martial training is going well!

Currently we have 30 different Martial Styles that had already been created for the Magic and Martial Arts book we are currently editing (created years ago), and these have been re-formatted and laid out in ways that allow for more fictional history (suited to our alien world) to be written for them, as well as a brief snippet of narrative literature that depicts a bit of combat for each of the Styles...

We already have special maneuvers and maneuver combinations created for each of the Styles (based exclusively on special combinations of the general effects offered in the basic rules), which span a broad range of archetypes representing (to some extent, and in a general way) the cultural variety of both Earth as well as our game's world...and we will be basing the edits and expansion of the fictional history that has already been touched-on for each of them using these already-created maneuvers as a basis... The main work that needs to be done for the Martial Arts section (other than re-formatting the introduction of the chapter to take into account changes in the combat system made before we published the Basic Compendium) is to expand the game-fiction-specific histories of each, write the fictional narratives of the combat, and create the illustrations representing each Style...

Currently our writer Dylan (who has been contracted by Aaron to handle the primary, initial edits of the book) is working with Aaron and has created the schedule by which all of this is to be accomplished, and is intent on handling most of the writing tasks himself, so I'm not sure to what extent he'd need any further help at this point. Until we lay out and edit everything we already have (which is a sizeable, practically publishable amount as it is), we just aren't sure how much, if anything, we still really need to add...

If you'd like to familiarize yourself with, and play with, stuff that is quite similar to (and could work hand-in-hand with) the official additions and expansions we are making, check out my friend Ghorum's website wuxiaheroesofdardunah.blogspot.com/ (mentioned elsewhere on these forums under the Combat section) which embraces the more fantasy-cinematic Wuxia style of the "World of Martial Arts" as seen in a variety of the martial arts action films we all love, and presents many "unofficial" rules and additions that he has created for his own players to enjoy...

Scottie ^^