Greetings from Rikoshi!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Greetings from Rikoshi!

Hello folks!

I first stumbled upon Shard at Anthrocon 2009. After a very nice conversation with Scott, I assured him I'd swing by and make a purchase later in the convention, but by the time I'd gotten around to hitting up an ATM for cash, all copies of the book had been sold. After a very busy latter half of 2009, then, I finally got around to picking up a copy online last month.

Needless to say, I really, really like the book so far! I've just finally finished my readthrough of the Basic Compendium from cover to cover, and it definitely looks like a setting and a system I'd have a lot of fun running!

I've got a couple of books and stories published within the furry fandom, and so with my storytelling inclinations, I of course love to GM as well. I'm hoping that I can get some of my local friends to give the game a shot as soon as I can find the time to come up with a storyline for a game to run (and after I've refamiliarized myself with the rules a few more times!).

I was also just at Furry Fiesta in Dallas this past weekend, and was in the room for part of the Shard demo session that Scott was running there. I didn't have the time to actually participate, but I did at least sit and listen for a little while, and I have to say that I loved the enthusiasm that I saw for the game, the world, and the telling of the story.

Definitely looking forward to finally cracking my knuckles and digging into the game properly for the first time, however soon it may be.

Cheers!
    • RE: Greetings from Rikoshi!

Hey there Rikoshi! Welcome!

Glad you were able to stop by the demo at Furry Fiesta! So sorry I was too caught up in running the game to interact... I'm glad you enjoyed sitting in and checking it out...

I actually have a great time running those little mini-adventures for folks... It's exciting for me to see how each group handles those scenarios differently... I'm not sure how much of it you got to see, but the lead-up to the final confrontation was intriguing and tense, and the combat at the end was awesome!

Anyway,....glad you're here among us, and please feel free to ask any questions you may have if it will help you with your own game! We really like hearing about other folks enjoying our game,...so let us know how things go with it!

Scottie ^^