Another Shard Fan

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Another Shard Fan

Hi, I'm Wyldkat. I found about about Shard after my husband who owns a game store went to GAMA and heard about it. This was before it had been published. I waited and waited and waited (and my players waited and waited and waited...) but once it was published we had some trouble getting our hands on a copy. Finally I have my very own copy (and have it in stock at the store as well) and have read it from cover to cover and gone through pretty much all of the forums as well.

I will say it is a bit different than I expected. I have years of roleplaying and GMing experience in many different systems. From what I can tell it combines many of my favorite aspects. Love the points based system, skills lists and ads/disads. It's much more roleplaying than most of the systems I have experienced and also seems much more GM oriented and story oriented than dice oriented. In many ways it reminds me of a diceless rpg I played once.

I'll probably be popping in on and off with questions and some info on what we are doing. Right now I am planning to adjust the three available mini-adventures to the characters we will be making and start out as an elite team that is sent out to deal with issues for the House. One character will be a noble several steps down the line from inheritance who is skilled with weapons and his two guards, one of whom has some latent magic ability and the other who is trained as an assassin. The final member of the group acts as an advisor, but is skilled in healing and endowing items.
    • RE: Another Shard Fan

Hey there Wyldkat!

Sorry it took us so long to finally get it out there for you guys! That darn publishing process! Whew! It nearly gave us heart attacks!

But we're so glad you guys have gotten the game and are enjoying it so far! Please let us know if you have any questions,...and welcome to the Forum!

Scottie ^^