Jasher Redux

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Originally posted by HereticalGM
      Here is what I know so far
      Komodo Commando

I like the Komodo Commando! xD
      He needs some sort of awesome shardtastic automatic Vaylah weapon!

Originally posted by HereticalGM
      Some might think that one of the first jobs he worked on was one involving a cleric attending to more than just the female portion of his flocks spiritual needs ;)

I'm not sure if I understand, but maybe that would explain the bought Seduction Skill. :V

Because they know what service he provides to people. The reason he is standing outside of a house is to collect something from his Suthra Agent, like the lovers ring or another article of such evidence.

Not sure man, I feel this scenario largely underestimates the looming danger an individual poses that willingly subjects himself to whims of such creature most foul, wrought from the depths of festering acherontic hells.

"Hey have you heard of Raj, isn't he host to some sort of ghastly demon?"
      "Yeah he is."
      "Then why is no one getting rid of him?"
      "He makes seriously good cake man. Gotta try it. And that demon of his, he helps making the cake even better, it's sort of a demon confectioner."
      "Ah, okay."

I would suggest to only have his Suthra servants appear instead of him personally, so he can stay hidden. This underlines the danger that he would face by appearing by himself. Maybe, with some effort, he could even speak through his summoned creatures (like have a Cat-like small suthra purr and churr, or have a group of flies buzz in a way that resembles a speaking voice)

It would turn all of this in more of a... myth. A little folks tale that maids and workers tell, where he carries a mysterious made-up name that locals give him, with no connection to the actual person, the demon host (how about "D'aha", that's approximately Hindi for Envy, says google translator)!
      And if it happens, you don't tell anyone about it.
      It is your secret, and you silently thank your benefactor for granting your wish, unknowing that this deed done with the help of demonic powers and might forever leave a stain on your eternal soul.

Here, have some fiction (how I'd imagine a folk's story about your character incorporating those ideas):

The Avatar of Divorce
      No one knows if he exists, but Jasher can feel your pain and betrayal.
      Think of a rare, scary, yet hauntingly beautiful suthra that silently lands in front of you as you bitterly weep at the suspicion of your once faithful lover amusing themselves with someone younger or fairer.
      Churring and clicking its mandibles it will brush up to you, comforting you and taking away some of your pain. And somehow you will know that it can help you... maybe you feel it? Or have you heard of this story before? But you know the name, and you know it's purpose.
      So if you will, tell this little gracious thing a great secret or offer it something small of material value. It might accept your offer and make off with it, back into the dark cold night. Back to Jasher.

Don't wait long, for Jasher knows. And soon enough a tiny bit of truth will light your sorrow and eradicate all of your doubt.

She had a plan ready and in motion when a foolish Klin boy summoned her.

Now seeing her stats, it would balance out your story if you make up a really good reason why this little Klin was able to bind a demon specialized in sorcery!
      Think ancient artifacts or words of power over this demon that he uncovered, such as her "true name": What keeps her from breaking the sigil next time that she takes control!

The post was edited 5 times, last by Sherbie ().

• Jasher wasn't the one that bound her. His father was. Jasher had summoned her using her true name but she was too powerful and willful for him to control. Jasher had summoned her because his elder brother feared his ever growing skill as a sorcerer and didn't want to loose being the hire to their father's seat on the ruling council. The demon was bound to save his life, and their house from shame/the wrath of a demon scorned. Which is why he was exciled to the mainland.
      If it comes down to the rules or the story; sorry but the rule book just became a paper-weight.