Chimaeracon

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Chimaeracon

Chimaeracon is April 1-3 in San Antonio. Given the proximity to Austin I am wondering if you guys will be attending. If not I am debating running a demo game there, or perhaps in conjunction with.

If you would like more info, incase you desire to attend, feel free to message me or what not.

Tides
      ToG

"Violence may not be the best option..... but it's still an option!"
    • RE: Chimaeracon

Hey there Tides!

I've actually never heard of that convention before... Have you attended it in the past? Is it a pretty good one?

Unfortunately, around that time-frime we'll be in the middle of madly laying out and indexing our next book (if all goes smoothly), so we may not be able to attend...

If you decide to end up running a demo,...please let us know!

Scottie ^^
    • It isn't by any means what I would refer to as huge, you can see the pictures in the link below, however, the numbers would justify attendance considering the short distance one would travel from Austin. I would suggest Sat if you could only come for a day. Something to think about in the future, even if you just came down and did a few demos. They would probably have you as one of the guests of honor, which I am sure they would adore considering the accomplishments. As it is small, they tend to net local artists, not to degrade their achievements in the least, they are talented, but you/Aaron would be something different entirely.
      Anyway, if you guys are not attending I will be there, 95% sure I will be doing a demo, talking to the event organizers currently. If I am doing a demo it will be Shard. They even expressed interest in my doing Shard, as it departs from the normal Pazio and D&D they mostly see.
      They have a round robin type thing where demos take place around the place and every 2-3 hours the players switch to another game. Thumbing through the content, you people have posted in here, looking for adventure ideas, as mine tend to stray from the game’s fluff a wee too much. Great for my group, not so much for demo purposes when showing the game in all its intended glory, meaning I should keep the content of the demo closer to home.
      http://chimaeracon.com
      Again, nothing among the ranks of Gen Con, I would guess around 500 to 1000 different people attend throughout the 3 days.
      ToG

"Violence may not be the best option..... but it's still an option!"