How many days in a week?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How many days in a week?

I couldn't find this anywhere -- if the months have 32 days, does this mean the weeks have eight days? Or is it some other number entirely? Do the days of the week have names?

One of the reasons I ask is that in the download for Commerce (very useful, that!) it lists the time needed for some items as 7 days, and for others 1 week. Might just be a typo, but it got me thinking, since there's really no need for a week to have 7 days.

Thanks for any and all insights!

Diane

P.S. I REALLY want the world book! Having to wait at least another year is torture, I tell you!
    • RE: How many days in a week?

A Darduni month is made up of 32 days, each containing four 8-day weeks. There are no "days of rest" per se, although the eighth day in every week is a particularly holy time when various rituals are observed such as naming ceremonies, coming-of-age celebrations, caste investiture ceremonies, weddings, funerals, etc.

Each day is approximately 26 hours in length. An hour (or a "chime" - so named because a chime is rung at the beginning of each new hour) is around 60 minutes and each minute is around 60 seconds (commonly called "beats.") (NOTE: This was mostly done for simplicity's sake.)

Although each chime has a name associated with it (The Chime of the Chinti, The Chime of the Warrior, The Chime of the Maiden, etc.), they are also just commonly referred to by the numerical hour (the "First Hour" being when Edu rises, and the "Fifteenth Hour" being when Edu sets).

The days are usually also referred to by their number: Day One, Day Two, etc. (That sounds much cooler in a Darduni language, btw.) Some regions, however, also name their days (like they name the chimes), which are also usually named for their significance or for a particular iconic object (Holy Day, Feast Day, River Day, Mountain Day, etc.).

The 16 months of the Darduni year also have names but if I told you those, you would have no more reason to buy The World Guide, so I'll keep those a secret for now. ;)

-Aaron

However, what Aaron forgot to mention is that you actually CAN get a copy of the Jade Calendar of Magar that is a folded 11"x17" sheet (which shows not only all of the seasons, but the names of the months, and the names of many of the primary festivals as well, and even shows the cycle of the hours in a typical day), by simply buying our Convenience Pack, which has the calendar, a mini-map of the world, loads of important sheets for combat, NPC creation, blank Animal Templates, and all sorts of useful stuff!...

Check it out! An image of the Jade Calendar is right on the front!

Scottie ^^

Are you kidding? I bought one of everything you guys had a couple years back! I have the map, the convenience pack, the basic book (both in print and PDF) and the GM screen! And dice! As soon as anything new comes out, I am so buying it!

Ok, enough exclamation points - thanks for the info. I will try to be patient ANOTHER YEAR (waaaaaaaaah!).

Diane