Your ShardRPG Character Backstory

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Your ShardRPG Character Backstory

A well thought out character with a backstory is a GREAT thing to have.

Not only does it give you a lot of opportunities for interesting roleplay, but it also gives your gamemaster good material to work with and add flavor to your game!

So in this thread, I want to encourage everyone to show us your characters...
      Who are they?
      Where do they come from?
      What makes them who they are?
      What did they experience?

Also, feel free to post if you need help with your character backstory!
      We will try to help inspire you, so you can flesh out your character with a great backstory!
    • I will start off this thread with a really impressive character backstory created by Kyllistin (permission to re-post was granted):

Linhsu, the big-game hunter of House Traikaen

Linhsu was born into a family with a long history in the art of hunting large and dangerous suthra. He and his brothers grew up, each knowing that when they were old enough they would be taught the ways of the hunters. House Traikaen was well respected as one who could be called on to takedown dangerous suthra or provide safaris for others willing to pay for the thrill or sport of it.

One day, when he was old enough to start learning the family trade, his father Hanbu told his son to meet him in the gardens behind the family estate. Arriving before his father, Linhsu saw something new. Sitting on a pedestal was a jade statue of the goddess. It was lovely to behold, and clearly the work of a master craftsman. Her arms were raised and a large moon rose behind her. Her face was tranquil and invoked a sense of divine serenity. Hanbu approached his son from behind, regarding him as he sat entranced by the statue.

“Today begins ... the consequences of destruction?”

Shaking in his pinions, Linhsu took the rifle, and stared at it. His father was right on one thing, at that moment he hated it. He wanted to break it on the stone walls of the house and walk away from the life of a hunter. But the wisdom his father spoke could not be denied, and he understood he was ready to learn the ways of his family trade because of that hatred. The thought of misusing such power even in jest turned his stomach sour, and he knew that he would never endanger another needlessly or through careless use of such a weapon. His hands tightened around the stock and the barrel of the rifle, it was still hot from murdering his goddess. “No,” Linhsu thought, “I murdered her, even if it was a trick.” The pride he had felt before was eclipsed by a bittersweet sense of loss and accountability.

“I am ready father.” He said, arranging his face in the same serious expression as Hanbus. His father smiled at him, nodding in agreement.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sherbie ().

• RE: Your ShardRPG Character Backstory

My character, while not fully fleshed out in some areas, is named Raekr Vanarinagar. He is a Sunborn of the Lion jenu, from the Sustrum Amin. He grew up as the Heir to the Aryah of his House, which is based in the city of Ráksus (which I think I invented, though I'm not sure at this point).

He is a fell and honorable warrior, having trained as both an Aerial and Mounted Trooper (warrior), as well as a Vaylah Trooper. He enters battle heavily armed with a variety of weapons from his native Sustrum, as well as those of Tishini and Amnolish designs (relics of his campaigning days...).

He grew up knowing he was destined to become Aryah of his House one day, but such was not to be. His scheming Uncle, lusting after the family's title and riches, framed Raekr for the assassination of his father, the Aryah. Unable to exact his vengeance at the time, Raekr is now on the run, both from Sustrum authorities and the stream of assassins and bounty hunters his Uncle has set on his trail.

Having escaped with 2 of his father's loyal retainers, Ginetras, an owl Jenu and the Chamberlain and chief Scholar and Sadhu of the house, and Ramhámkhul, a Gajah of Hathiyar and Master of the Honor Guard, Raekr now travels incognito, waiting for an opportunity to return to his homeland, unseat his Uncle and take his rightful place as Aryah of his house.

The 3 noble Zoics have fallen in with a traveling troupe of entertainers, led by the enigmatic Fox Sibar Zaunt and her motley band of followers. The troupe travels throughout Dardunah aboard a fabulous Skyship. Adventures await!

The post was edited 1 time, last by blackknight ().

• So...Some backstory, I like Shard but I have never played a game of it -Mostly because no one wants to play it with me...All I've ever played is Dungeons and Dragons no I've met wants to play talking animals- So I had to do the next best thing, I'm a member of a website you might have heard of it called,Writing.Com where one of the things you can do is Campfires where you invite a select group of pen-pals to take turns telling a story,I made a Campfire based on the world of Shard and this was the character I role played
      Name: Amber Sex: Female Species: Box Turtle Occupation: Disciple About to become a Priestess Personality: Hard working, dedicated to her studies also something of a Know-It-All Bio-Amber's name comes from the fact her Mother, whom she takes after was the daughter of an Amber Artisan while her Father who is an Common Snapping Turtle works as a Tobacconist maker of fine cigarettes and cigars, Amber hates the smell of Tobacco and eagerly became a Disciple of the Holy Order just to get away from the smoke, As a Priestess in Training, Amber is very knowledgeable about the Lore of this world and will gladly show off her knowledge of it, as a Disciple, not a full fledged Priestess she is still considered a Member of the Trade Caste (Which is the same as the Middle Class or Gentry)