Gluttony Roleplaying

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Gluttony Roleplaying

I am a person who probobly suffers from the Gluttony drawback in real life, I am constantly thinking about food, often if I don't feel absolutely stuffed I feel like I'm hungry. (One time I was so stuffed from lunch I didn't need supper was after pigging out at an Indian Buffet) I am overweight but thankfully I'm nowhere near morbidly obese thanks to the fact I walk so much

(I can't drive so if I want to get somewhere it's either walk or public transportation)

On Furaffinity looking through a Member Psion's Anthro Superhero Characters one of them a Raccoon Supervillainess 'Mistress Moon' is an Obese (Yeah...Psion is a fat fur fetishist) Gravity themed villain with one of her weaknesses being she is ruled by Gluttony and can be easily bribed with a delectable or decadent meal

I'm imagining a particularly gluttonous Rogue character who can easily bribed with with luxurious food maybe known as 'The Sweet Mercenary' because he is most easily bribed with something sweet
    • Roleplaying any of the drawbacks can be a great source of fun, especially if the GM has planned ahead and includes drawbacks as part of the plot. I don't know if character with a gluttony drawback could so much be bribed by a big fancy meal.

In the role of GM, I'd use the failure of a character in resisting their gluttony drawback to give extra dice to someone making a persuasion roll. In a more direct way, I'd use a character's gluttony against them by setting a trap with it. In espionage there's a the honeypot trap where sexual temptation comes into play. A gluttonous character might be seduced by an actual pot of honey. :)

As a player, if I knew an NPC I needed to distract was an infamous glutton with low will power, then I'd be sure to have a basket of delectable treats. That should allow me to pull the guard away from his post while my comrades sneak past.

All this being said, I don't think its a good idea to ease Drawbacks as a hammer to bludgeon your players with as much as a tool for storytelling that makes everyone enjoy the ride, even if they succumb to their drawback.