[My campaign] Yodhaviiraan-yama

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [My campaign] Yodhaviiraan-yama

In English:

Journey of the Great Warriors

The campaign begins three days before the festival of Durohm-Gar in the month of Zrivaha. It is common wisdom that war between Dar-Purám and Kütta is imminent, and may occur as soon as the cold season is over. Tensions are high in all over the isvarate of Kütta as Dar-Purám increases its stock of veteran troops by marching on rebellious areas in its interior...even this late in Autumn! The time is ripe for a Journey for Great Warriors.

The Great Warriors in Question are the PCs, who hail from Kütta. They come from a central part of that Isvarate, about 1/3 of a day's travel by skyship from the Kantara Mountains) and are members of the Household of the Great Aryah Paramjit. Paramjit is a young Grey Wolf.

Paramjit's fiancée is named Madhu, and she had been living in the Palace of the Great Aryah in preparation of their nuptials which were to be three days from now. Madhu is a beautiful young Malamute.

Instead, last night, she was kidnapped by several masked Janah. By dawn, only one had been captured and three were killed. The PCs (all House Functionaries and Dignitaries) are summoned to meet the distraught Great Aryah and the strangely calm prisoner...a Badger.

His name is Gaur and he is from Dar-Purám: under the Authority of the Great Aryah Ratnavali. Ratnavali is a courageous and battle hardened black bear who is rumored (among the Dar-Purám elite) to be ridden by demons.

He is known in some circles as the Demon King, and he resides on a small island kingdom known as Asura Island. The PCs are charged with finding the princess and bringing her back safely before war erupts between Kütta and Dar-Purám.

I will be posting character profiles this week, as well as a report on how the first adventure goes.
      -JFC Wolz
      HISTORIAN

The post was edited 2 times, last by joewolz ().

• I had to edit the first post because the forum software doesn't like Sanskrit. LAME!

Anyway, the first adventure is going to start off last night when Madhu was kidnapped by several masked Janah. By dawn, only one had been captured and three were killed. The PCs (all House Functionaries and Dignitaries) are summoned to meet the distraught Great Aryah Paramjit and the strangely calm masked prisoner...a Badger.

His name is Gaur and he is from Dar-Purám: under the Authority of the Great Aryah Ratnavali. The PCs do not know that Ratnavali used magic to spirit Madhu away to his island.

They are charged with summoning the Chamberlain, whose presence is required to determine a course of action. The PCs go to his quarters and discover him under attack by a different group of masked janah!

If they kill them all off, they never learn that this second party of janah had been assigned to kill off as many people who had direct contact with Madhu as possible, including the Great Aryah, but had started later than planned, and had gone for the Chamberlain first.

If they rescue the Chamberlain (an old fox named Vidur), he can advise the Aryah to send "his most trusted warriors" (the PCs) after the princess...
      -JFC Wolz
      HISTORIAN
    • The Campaign Discussions thread right here is the PERFECT place to put attachments, images, and discussion blurbs of any kind about the SHARD campaign you're running....

I can tell you that I, for one, will gladly take the time to check out what you guys are doing!

So far it's sounds like you guys have a great thing going,...and other groups would be gratified, I think, to check your stuff out and enjoy the goodness!

Scottie ^^
    • OK, here are my notes. I have the character notes on my jump drive, so those will have to show up later...

These are my game notes, so please remember that when/if you read them. They're a little rough, but I'll answer any questions you want should you want to riff off of them or run them yourself. Chapter 4 for some reason came out at 254kb...so I broke it up into 2 parts (a and b).

I seem to have misplaced the Chapter 3 NPCs, although I have the hard copies. The 3b NPCs are the Kothan and Khaujíva. They might also be on my jump drive. I will update this thread with them if I find them. Oh, and the PCs just defeated the Khaujíva, so I haven't done Chapter 4 NPCs yet...they're for next Wednesday!

Also, I have the Excel template I used for the NPC records, if anyone wants it. I can't seem to post .xlsx or .xls files. I use RANDBETWEEN to determine Initiative and Actions in the later NPC lists because it really sped up combat. I re-roll all of them in the very rare event of a second combat round.
      Files
      • Title Page.pdf

(142.93 kB, downloaded 420 times, last: )
      • Chapter 1.pdf

(161.13 kB, downloaded 462 times, last: )
      • Chapter 2.pdf

(104.74 kB, downloaded 396 times, last: )
      • Chapter 3.pdf

(165.92 kB, downloaded 760 times, last: )
      • Chapter 3_Halloween.pdf

(158.15 kB, downloaded 468 times, last: )
      • Chapter 4a.pdf

(166.57 kB, downloaded 451 times, last: )
      • Chapter 4b.pdf

(106.92 kB, downloaded 441 times, last: )
      • Chapter1_NPCs.pdf

(133.24 kB, downloaded 407 times, last: )
      • Chapter2_NPCs.pdf

(142.63 kB, downloaded 430 times, last: )
      • Chapter3b_NPCs.pdf

(145.5 kB, downloaded 422 times, last: )
      -JFC Wolz
      HISTORIAN
    • Originally posted by Scott Jones
      Originally posted by joewolz
      In case anyone wanted it, here's my basic NPC list template.

This is gonna sound TOTALLY stupid,...but,...what program opens this file type?

I tried opening it in Microsoft Excel, but it didn't recognize it...

Scottie ^^

Not stupid at all! .xlsx is a MS Office 2007 Excel extension - any standard office extension with 'x' after the traditional three-character extension is part of the Office 2007 suite.
      /jayiin