Announcement Forum Update In Progress!!!! (...and now nearly complete!)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Forum Update In Progress!!!! (...and now nearly complete!)

Pardon our mess, but after sigificant invasion by bots creating bogus accounts and generally snarling up my ability to manage the site properly, I've finally recognized the need to update the forum's software (to a paid version), and hope it solves the issues...

During this process you'll notice the forum Registration will be turned off for people trying to join, and the header will have reverted to the basic default image (at least for now)... Additionally, there may be other unforseen snags here and there...

Please be patient with the mess and any inconvenience as I try to get this fixed...

Thanks!

Scottie ^^
    • Woo hooo! The Forum update and migration has finally been completed, thanks to my good friend Mr. Mike, his lovely wife Robin, and my webmaster Dane! The main ShardRPG site now links to it properly, and membership is once more active and ready to go for new members...

It appears all the old uploads are still in place and ready for download, but if any of your personal stuff is missing, you should now be able to log into you own accounts and re-upload any broken links (I know I had to manually put back a few myself, since some were uploaded during the migration from the old forum software to the new)..

For those who were keeping count of the crazy number of members before the migration, those were all spambots and false accounts created by the influx of invasive bots, which have now been dealt with! Our numbers are back down to a more realistic range...

Lastly, the very basic and boring visual style you see is now slowly being replaced by me in the background, and once finished will be switched out for more Shard-specific art goodness! Hopefully soon!

Thanks so much for your patience through this hassle, and stay tuned for more and more on the way!

Scottie ^^
    • Thanks Mulefoot! And in addition to those I've already thanked, I'd like to throw a special thanks to my friend Joseph Toschlog, who came in at the last moment and helped me clean up a few side issues with some of the cosmetic elements that were hidden in the source code...

With these changes in place, I can feel proud to present this to the forum-goers again!

Beautiful new Avatar, by the way Mulefoot... Kudos to the artist! Excellent color and depth, and a great expression!

Scottie ^^